The Leninist Lemon

A book review blog focusing on young adult fiction.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony Deterrlizzi

Well, I have a summer's worth of books posts written up but never actually posted, so here goes I guess:

I’ve read the first four of these, out of five, and they’re quirky and I love them. They also take about 2 seconds to read, hence why even normal people (well, internet normal people) of my age have actually read them. Unfortunately I don’t remember a thing about the plot, at least of the first two cause it’s been so long, but suffice to say that they do fit the bill of good young adult fantasy (actually chidlren’ts fantasy; they’re pretty much I-can-read books) with a kind of haunted house, a mysterious disappearing but important book, odd creatures with similarly odd motives and just general quirkiness. Meanwhile, the adults in the book are totally oblivious to the kids’ adventues, which is always a plus. And remember, they come in audio book format. So they’re worth a listen/read, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home