The Leninist Lemon

A book review blog focusing on young adult fiction.

Monday, October 23, 2006

ASOUE predictions

So, with any luck, and I very much do mean luck here, I will have finished penultimate peril and The End by the end of today. This is, of course, only if I end up seeing Lemony Snicket today, and there's enough seats left and whatnot. But just in case I do go, which I really hope ends up happening, I need to make predictions. So, here they are, really quick (longer commentaries coming later):

-lemony snicket said, in Newsweek, that 2 characters will die. Hmm. I don't know if these are good or evil characters; hard to remember if he said that or not. So (yay, it's a live or die segment!) my guess is that all the baudelaires will survive. I remember him in an interview describing the ending as "bittersweet" and it can't be that if our main character die. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if it were one of duncan, quigley, or isadora. That would suck yeah, but it is the last book. If snicket wanted to be really evil, I suppose he could kill off quigley just as he and violet finally meet again (if so, I will be disappointed if violet does not kill herself in a romeo-and-juliet type way - I'm kidding, don't worry). Or you know what? It could be kit snicket. Maybe. That would suck as well for the writer, since this is lemony snicket's sister. No, maybe not, specifically because it is his sister, and because he already wrote a letter to his sister embedded in a previous book. I might guess it otherwise. Or, hmm, what about Fiona, her dad, and the cook? Those are minor characters we don't care too much about. Eh, screw it, I don't know.

You know what, I bet Olaf should die. Maybe. Cause how else can this really end, unless Olaf dies or goes to jail (but he won't, as we've seen) ? Otherwise Olaf would keep pursuing the Baudelaires. It might be poetic, or something, if Olaf died but then so did Quigley. So one good thing and one bad thing, which is kind of how all the books are. The events aren't purely unfortunate. They're just not ideal.

Oh, and I bet Hotel Denouement's going to go up in flames before the end the series. Maybe even in PP, haven't finished that yet.

Okay, really should go take my 2 hour nap now, as these lame predictions aren't getting any more creative, and see if I can mostly finish my computer program enough to be able to go to LA tomorrow (since that's really the clincher.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home