The Leninist Lemon

A book review blog focusing on young adult fiction.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Library Excursion

So on friday I had the pleasure of visiting a library in the san diego area I haven't gone to before, for the sole reason of getting grim grotto since my normal library didn't have it. Also was a bit of chance to explore the surrounding area. Turns out its right next to Hillcrest, which is like San Diego's Castro Street, the gay district. Omg, rainbow flags everywhere, it was so excellent. But, my point of this post, because this is a book blog, was to comment on the library.

You know how books have the sticker on the side that says "sci fi" or "young adult" or "fantasy" or whatnot? This library had a rainbow sticker, for the apparently gay genre. It wouldn't have been so hilarious, except that this was bright, carebearstare kind of rainbow, and that, I swear every 10th had said sticker. So like, this whole library was covered in rainbows. And I had fun going through the young adult/teen section and looking at the rainbow stickered books gong "read that one, read that one." That was, of course, before I realized that most of these types of books are actually rather the same, and sometimes lack a particularly interestng plot. But they can be so addicting, anyway.

Of note, I was also able to pick up the 2nd and 3rd Pendragon books. I've been trying oh, all summer to find those books not checked out at a library, but had no luck. Now I do! Yay for me, and tiny libraries.

I hope to have more excursions like this in the future. I swear, if somebody would pay me to map, chart out, and made giant comparison graphs and take pictures of all the libraries in a certain area, I would do it. I have like a library fetish, of something. Maybe I'm a bit obsessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home